HAO Publications Process
Paper Review/Approval Procedure:
- First HAO author, regardless of the HAO author's position in the list of authors, completes "Publications Worksheet" worksheet.
- Author obtains all approval signatures before the paper is submitted to the publishing enity.
- Author has an HAO peer review the paper and sign the worksheet.
- Author fills out the HAO Account Key to be charged by the publisher for the page charges once the paper is accepted and published.
Upon Acceptance of Manuscript:
- Author submits the peer-signed worksheet and an electronic pdf file of the most current (edits from the peer reviewer included) manuscript to Amy Knack (email@example.com) for the Director's approval and signature. These manuscripts will be stored in the HAOpubs directory in the folder "Submitted Article".
- Amy will keep a copy of the signed worksheet for her files and return the approved worksheet to the author.
- Author submits the paper to the publishing entity.
To access the HAOpubs directory:
- Email a pdf file of the editor-accepted manuscript to Amy in order to fulfill HAO's responsibility to UCAR"s OpenSky. These files will be housed in the HAOpubs directory in the folder "Final Manuscript".
- All page charge forms and emails should be sent to Amy Knack.
- Amy will pay all charges with her credit card using the HAO account listed on the publication worksheet.
- Amy will obtain a pdf file of the final journal-ready publication for HAO's electronic archives. This archive will be maintained in the HAOpubs directory in the folder "Published Article".
- For CIT Windows users, it will be automatically mapped to the O:drive.
- For Unix users, it is the directory: /home/haopubs
- For Mac users, it can be accessed using Command-K and the following path: